This is truly a 15-minute dish which includes cooking the rice. it requires either a microwave or a pressure cooker to get the rice done. For vegetables you can either prepare the mixture in another pan or while cooking the rice. A very tasty and mouth watering cuisine is ready to serve with these amazing texture of vegetables with Indian spices.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- servings: 2 servings
- Course: Main course
- 1 cup Rice
- Edible oil
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 100 g cashew nuts
- Chopped onion
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- A pinch black pepper
- Boil Rice. Set aside to cool.
- In a pan, add edible oil, after the oil gets heated, add turmeric powder and cashew nuts. Roast nuts until golden brown. set aside.
- In the same pan, add edible oil again according to the requirement. then add chopped onions. fry till golden brown.
- In the same pan, add a tsp of edible oil and remaining turmeric powder at medium flame and mix well until gets a paste.
- When the turmeric paste starts to frizzle, add grated carrot and capsicum and saute over medium flame until vegetables are soft.
- Add rice to the pan. Saute the mixture for a minute at high flame.
- Add soya sauce. Stir again to combine all ingredients. Add black pepper. At high flame cook the fried rice for another 20 seconds.
- fried rice is ready to serve. Serve immediately.