Masala paratha is a nice variation to the paratha when you are bored of having simple or plain paratha. This masala paratha is nothing but the same as paratha with some spice powders added to give an amazing flavor punch to it. Paratha as breakfast is very common in India and are made with different ingredients. Also, it can also be made as a stuffed paratha. Masala Paratha is a recipe with such flatbread where spices are mixed directly to the wheat dough. It is an amazing cuisine for a brunch.
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 ½ cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Carom seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- coriander leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Water
Making the dough:
- Take whole wheat flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala cumin seeds, carom seeds and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add oil and chopped coriander leaves to it. Mix well and make a dough.
- Cover it for 15 minutes.
Making masala paratha recipe:
- Take a small amount of dough and make a ball and flatten it with your palms.
- Apply very little oil on it. give a proper paratha shape to it. it will be triangular.
- Spread some dry flour for easy rolling
- Roll it by keeping the triangular shape, if you manage.
- Now preheat the Tawa and place the rolled paratha on it.
- Cook the paratha using little oil.
- When done, put it in an insulated container to keep it hot.
- Repeat the same process for all the parathas.
- Serve hot with tea.